Wednesday, February 18, 2009

 

Stickers and Suckers !!

This morning , while driving to work, I saw something which pissed me off --i mean really pissed me off !

I was waiting at the traffic lights of Jln Sultan Ismail and Jln TAR. Then my eyes caught a car-sticker plastered on a car in front of me. I have seen many stickers with a touch of humour, stickers with glaring spelling mistakes and some stupid stickers which are so totally meaningless !!But I can live with these !

So what pissed me off ? To think that I squinted my eyes just to read and see this :-

It was a Palestinian flag and on top of it are the words , (take a load of this crap..):-

' BIKERS IN ISLAM '


The first thing that came to my mind is , " Now, how is that sign going to give relief to the suffering children ? Is it going to feed them ? Is it going to ease the pain ? Is that going to send any message to the world of the prevailing atrocities going on in Gaza? and more....

The answer to all the above , would be a BIG RESOUNDING " NO ! "

My mind kept asking, why 'bikers' ? Why 'Islam' ? -- Whats the connection ????

Dammit. To me this is just bloody dirt cheap publicity on a cause that is so real ! The money spent on these stickers would be better channeled to relieve te sufferings of the Palestinians children.

And why must 'BIKERS' and 'ISLAM' had to be connected -- and why should these weird association be linked to the Palestinians sufferings !

They have just belittled, pooh-poohed and make a mockery of peoples' suffering for their own cheap publicity ! ....and I wish the owner of that car, by some remote chance , would be reading this !

I am sure Mercy Malaysia would appreciate "REAL" contribution from these " Bikers in Islam " !!



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]