Saturday, September 13, 2008
Is that a plane ? Is that a bird ? Noo! Its a flying female motorcyclist !
This was told to me on a Friday. A collegue of mine saw an accident.
She was walking near a cross-junction in front of the Wisma Sime Darby. Now ,inspite of the seemingly serious accident, we couldn't help but laughed about it. I do not know whether its because of the way the accident happened, or the way it was told by my collegues or just my sense of black humour.
Now at this junction, traffic travelling along Jln Sultan Ismail from the direction of Bukot Bintang can either go straight or turn right into Jln Raja Laut. Although the lights may be green , but it traffic turning right would stop earlier than those going straight.
So at that point of time, a Proton Saga driven by a Malay (I'll tell you why its necessary to tell you the driver's race) man, tried to beat the red lights and sped through the red lights turning right into Jln Raja Laut.
At that point of time a Malay woman on a new scooter from the opposite direction , instinctively started her scooter and picked up speed in the direction of Bukit Bintang.
A s expected the car hit the scooterist. And in the words of my collegue, both rider and bike were hit so hard, hit the kerb and both 'bounced off' the kerb and landed on the pavement and the head cover of the scooter fell off'
The car ? Would you believe the bumper dropped !
Immediately I pictured two Malays, who were fasting, arguing who was the guilty one, with a scooter with the fallen 'head' and the car with the 'fallen' bumper in the hot mid-day sun.
Maybe at that time I was just in a silly mood but I found the situation hilarious - and so did my collegue....
Wellll...just thought i share that with you......
She was walking near a cross-junction in front of the Wisma Sime Darby. Now ,inspite of the seemingly serious accident, we couldn't help but laughed about it. I do not know whether its because of the way the accident happened, or the way it was told by my collegues or just my sense of black humour.
Now at this junction, traffic travelling along Jln Sultan Ismail from the direction of Bukot Bintang can either go straight or turn right into Jln Raja Laut. Although the lights may be green , but it traffic turning right would stop earlier than those going straight.
So at that point of time, a Proton Saga driven by a Malay (I'll tell you why its necessary to tell you the driver's race) man, tried to beat the red lights and sped through the red lights turning right into Jln Raja Laut.
At that point of time a Malay woman on a new scooter from the opposite direction , instinctively started her scooter and picked up speed in the direction of Bukit Bintang.
A s expected the car hit the scooterist. And in the words of my collegue, both rider and bike were hit so hard, hit the kerb and both 'bounced off' the kerb and landed on the pavement and the head cover of the scooter fell off'
The car ? Would you believe the bumper dropped !
Immediately I pictured two Malays, who were fasting, arguing who was the guilty one, with a scooter with the fallen 'head' and the car with the 'fallen' bumper in the hot mid-day sun.
Maybe at that time I was just in a silly mood but I found the situation hilarious - and so did my collegue....
Wellll...just thought i share that with you......
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


