Wednesday, August 27, 2008
MY POST CAMP REFECTION ! PART 1
TRY EATING RAW 'BITTER GOURD- AND YOU'LL UNDERSTAND HER !
WE USED HIM TO BRING UP THE WATER LEVEL!
MR DIGI HIMSELF--NOT QUITE MUSCULAR THOUGH
THE PIRATE OF ROCK CAMP
What can I say ? 37 people gathered for a week-end --and we made it into one of the best memories of our days in this Institution ! Thank you guys --for your cooperation, faith and trust in the organisers of this first camp !
Allow me to reflect how all this came about. It started with a casual suggestion from me to one of the students that I would love to organize a get-together for my students --the first ever event.
To be honest , I wasn't really sure to really do it or not.
Then this student challenged me !! Imagine that ! Still remember the words, " Sir, I challenged you to make it a reality ! Some of us students are really hoping for this to happen and we will be disappointed. "
I looked at this student and told her that I accepted the challenge ! I will make it a reality.
Thats when it all started. The posting went up in my blog !. I was so confident of the response. Easily 80 to 100 students , I told myself.
Thus the search began until we chose Ulu Yam.
A committee was formed. 6 were chosen and we roped in Ms Yani to help us.
A lot of work goes into this. The numerous meetings at th Mamak's at the hostel and the College.
BUT IT WAS ALL WORTH IT !!!!
Now the camp itself !
I told you all that we were going to the camp to relax, unwound and just be lazy ! --AND WE DID THAT IN STYLE - DIDN'T WWE !
I got to know you all better . I could see the comaradie spirit. There are people who, may not be in the committee, but took the initiative to make the camp a success.
I appreciate Amri for bothering to drive out after midnight to buy petrol just so we can start the campfire.
I have a lot of respect for Ijan who has proven to be such a dependable person when he volunteered to drive the van for God-knows how many trips !
The committee members who , in their own way , had contributed so much before and during the camp.
The 'softies' in the group who were really sporting and took all the jibes in their stride.
The born jokers who kept us entertained with their antics ! (There were many--but who could forget Annuar and baby-Shah ?)
All of you were so sporting -- that amazed me !
1. (Ha--not forgetting the "zombie" who was egged and floured that he just couldnt open his eyes for some minute because the egg 'glued' his eye-lids !)
2.The victims of my practical jokes and pranks !
3. Ms Yani who was also egged and floured-but not as bad as the zombie !
4. But I am not happy about something ! How come Mr Atif escaped this ? (Next outing you guys better make sure that he gets it too --double .)
5. Baby Shah who was the target of all sort of jokes.
6. Amri, who was close-ranged bombed with about 5 eggs , and still managed to control his coolness.
7. The half-blinded camper who was on the verge of tears because someone took away her spectacles and she was 'blinded' in the waters not being able to see where to go !
8.ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO HAD THEIR FACES PAINTED, AND INSPITE OF THEIR SENSITIVE SKIN, DID NOT MAKE A SINGLE COMPLAINT AT ALL TO THE ORGANIZERS !
WE LOVE YOU GUYS ! THANKS FOR BEING SPORTING !
And I am sure there must be a thousand and one incidents and pranks that must have happened in the tents and A-frame. ( I know--there were 'flour-fights and others ). It would be nice if you all could relate them in your comments.
The place might not be something to shout about. But its the people that made the event memorable !! We may be in a first-class resort but if the company sucks - then so will the event.
To my committee--Kamaria, Selina, Mariam, Hasliza, Saleh and Hanafi---thanks again. Couldn;t have done it without you guys. You're 6 in amillion !
To Atif --thanks for the wonderful company -- you're a born entertainer !
To Yani ---thanks a million for all the help. Youre fantastic.
But you know what touches me most ?
Today, 3 days after the camp, I met Annuar in the office. You know what ? He has his group coloured ribbon wrapped round his finger like a ring. He told me that most of the guys are still wearing them They didn't want to take tham off !
HEY ! THAT IS THE BEST COMPLIMENT THAT YOU CAN GIVE TO THIS CAMP.
SO --YOU ROCK CAMP ROCKERS !! WE'LL ROCK AGAIN AT ANOTHER CAMP YA !!!!
BY THE WAY --LOOK OUT FOR MY NEXT POSTING ON ZOMBIES ,PAINTED FACES AND THE ONES WHO GOT AWAY -- FOR NOW !!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

