Tuesday, July 29, 2008
"YOUR SIM CARD NUMBER .." is going to make me richer...
.
I'm sure you are familiar with that sms message. Well--in a way the message will make somebody rich ---but unfortunately , ITS NOT YOU !
Let me relate to you what happened to somebody I know.
She received the message that she has won RM ????? from the national petroleum company and that she should call a particular number for confirmation and claims.
And she did something she has regretted very much. I asked her to relate to me what exactly happened but she could only remembered vaguely. Anway, the outline of events is like this :
- she was asked to call a number
- she was asked to go to an ATM machine
- (this parts she could not remember or understandhow it happened) she gave her PIN number.
- I know her - and she is not the type to do such a silly thing, I mean nobody would !
- she forgot where she was but when she checked her account and..
- RM2000 WAS WITHDRAWN -- BUT NOT BY HER.
- now just think about that !
Anyway next day she went to the Bank to change her pin number and this was what she was told.
- the phone number is an Indonesian number
- the withdrawal was done by phone-banking
Well, there you are. She may be poorer by RM2000, but she's definitely wiser !
I leave it to you to identify the lesson to be remembered here!!!
I'm sure you are familiar with that sms message. Well--in a way the message will make somebody rich ---but unfortunately , ITS NOT YOU !
Let me relate to you what happened to somebody I know.
She received the message that she has won RM ????? from the national petroleum company and that she should call a particular number for confirmation and claims.
And she did something she has regretted very much. I asked her to relate to me what exactly happened but she could only remembered vaguely. Anway, the outline of events is like this :
- she was asked to call a number
- she was asked to go to an ATM machine
- (this parts she could not remember or understandhow it happened) she gave her PIN number.
- I know her - and she is not the type to do such a silly thing, I mean nobody would !
- she forgot where she was but when she checked her account and..
- RM2000 WAS WITHDRAWN -- BUT NOT BY HER.
- now just think about that !
Anyway next day she went to the Bank to change her pin number and this was what she was told.
- the phone number is an Indonesian number
- the withdrawal was done by phone-banking
Well, there you are. She may be poorer by RM2000, but she's definitely wiser !
I leave it to you to identify the lesson to be remembered here!!!
Comments:
<< Home
she is the one of 5% of malaysian victim.. let me guess, she using Maybank acc right..? when it happen..?
for now, all bank already secure even online or ATM machine.. except u give ur acc and pin number 2 someone that u don't noe ( thats be silly )...
for now, all bank already secure even online or ATM machine.. except u give ur acc and pin number 2 someone that u don't noe ( thats be silly )...
I agreee it is not just silly -but plain stupid to give away your pin number to anyone. But she said she couldn't remember anything during the phone conversation. eeeeee....
Thing is I know her to be a careful person....still....
And yes...its Maybank.
Thing is I know her to be a careful person....still....
And yes...its Maybank.
ignore unkwon number.. that that are notsame as the malaysian number...
maybe a trick or something... just ignore
Post a Comment
maybe a trick or something... just ignore
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

