Saturday, July 5, 2008
Class 14 - 5 Semesters together with me! Thanks for the memories !
Found these photos which were taken on my birthday last year. They surprised me with a cake, card and candle -- after a class !
Ok--why pick this topic ! Well-why NOT this topic? After all the semester is over.
Then you may well ask --"So what !!" There has been many "last Semester" before.
Haa--the difference with is this class (formerly Class 14 and 15), I have taught them from Semester 1 to this Semester 5 which is the last for their English programme. Allow me to recall.
When these two classes first joined the programme, there was an acute shortage of English Lecturers. So I suggested that there should be combined classes. Thus ---Class 14 & Class 15 - just for English lectures.
Even then I forgot all about the first session with them as I had so many other classes to take care of and it slipped my mind. When Azura reminded me about it, I dragged my feet (only human --and a tired one too) to walk over to CIUC to have the first class in room 306.
Anyway when I met them for the first time on the third floor of Wisma Sachdev -- I see new faces. All looking lost but still eager. A girl came in late and sheepishly apologised and took her seat.
Oh you people looked so lost . Some of you looked like little babies, well, that is an exageration, not babies, but todlers ---on the first day of kindergarten.heheheh. I was so afraid that if I shout suddenly, some of you might burst in tears.
Some of you looked at me suspiciously. Really. You'd probably were saying in your head, 'alah boring nya dia ni....' Come on--thats true right ? Some of you seems so far away---probably thinking of your family back in Sabah --or boyfriend or girlfriend or your cats, your pet fish...
At that moment--I told myself that I'm going to change this quiet lot to a noisy , vociferous and talkative one. I want to see that most , if not all of you to be better speakers of English
I got everyone to introduce themselves and that was the beginning of a 5-semester sessions with you lot. But to you residents of Class 14 and 15 --- i enjoyed every session that I had had with you. And I mean it.
General English lessons can be interesting. The role play, the public speaking session, the practical session --and you people can be a funny lot and makes teaching enjoyable. Everyone of you are different , and an individual in your own way.
I can't remember if I have ever lost my cool with you lot in class. Have I ?
I could list the highlights of the last five semesters. In fact I did just now but decided to delete them.
Through this time , I did get to know better some of you. Some may decide to keep the distance --but I have no hard feeling about that. Some are too shy which is regretable. There are some that find it hard to break the ice. But I'm glad that there are those who are only beginning to open up. And I am glad about it. Its better late than never.
What ever it is, when our paths cross again in future, this is all i ask of you ---don't be a stranger and good luck in everything you do.
As for the other classes--a posting on you is next! Look out for it !
Comments:
<< Home
Thanks for everything that you tough us sir. withough your guidance and attention maybe we will not become what ever we are now. it's mean a lot to me when the first time i join your class and that is the first time ever in my life to use english in conversation, then i know which lvl i'm in. you taught us well sir. you never lost hope with us eventhough sometimes we became very naughty..Hehehe..still you feel steady and not lost your temper in front of us..thanks again sir, your 'budi baik'(lost word in english,hehehe..) is much more appreciated.
what else i can say other than a very big special thnx for u, mr mus 4 ur time,effort n hardwork to our class for all this long.
sincerely at the beginning,i didnt expect tht an english lesson will b so interesting like the 1 u did.i think that is the different with u n other lectr,where u always try to "get close" with each of ur students.
theres a time when i always ran away from meeting u.n the only reason just bcoz i didnt know how to start a conversation with ya (heh,wht a shame!).realise tht it is the most weakness i hv,u try n help me to deal with it.
theres a time also when i need a help on something.surprised me,but then u came n gv ur offer.(u know,how i really owe u tht).
perhaps i should thnk u also 4 ur support n motivation to build up myself on this english.like u said,"late is better thn never".tht precious word really encourage me much.
seem 2b many 2 say,but it is
only kept deep down in my heart.somehow,somewhere,i knew the word of "thank u" really deserve on u.
sincerely at the beginning,i didnt expect tht an english lesson will b so interesting like the 1 u did.i think that is the different with u n other lectr,where u always try to "get close" with each of ur students.
theres a time when i always ran away from meeting u.n the only reason just bcoz i didnt know how to start a conversation with ya (heh,wht a shame!).realise tht it is the most weakness i hv,u try n help me to deal with it.
theres a time also when i need a help on something.surprised me,but then u came n gv ur offer.(u know,how i really owe u tht).
perhaps i should thnk u also 4 ur support n motivation to build up myself on this english.like u said,"late is better thn never".tht precious word really encourage me much.
seem 2b many 2 say,but it is
only kept deep down in my heart.somehow,somewhere,i knew the word of "thank u" really deserve on u.
heheh . . my turn . . my i have capture in English class or lesson, the more naughty the persons is, the more lecture like the students.. hehehe . .
that what is the different that i can compare then other class... hehehhe
thats why, i never stop talking sometimes in the class.. hahaha.. even sometimes i dont know what iam talking about.. hehehhe
ow... honestly, first time class with you sir, i really scared.. like the kindergarten child.. hahahaha.. i think that, if i naughty, i will beaten by you sir... hahahah . .
but seems it brcome different after the first impression... it become more interesting and interesting... the task given also very challenging....
ow... one more thing that is where we are acting in a court... hehehe.. i enjoyed thet activities very much.. that time i won.. hahaha because a have a great lawyer.. heheheh
So the conclusion here is... Thank you very much for all the effort that given to us....In malay"terima kasih bertubi-tubi di ucapkan..."
I will never be a stranger.. Ill promise you...
that what is the different that i can compare then other class... hehehhe
thats why, i never stop talking sometimes in the class.. hahaha.. even sometimes i dont know what iam talking about.. hehehhe
ow... honestly, first time class with you sir, i really scared.. like the kindergarten child.. hahahaha.. i think that, if i naughty, i will beaten by you sir... hahahah . .
but seems it brcome different after the first impression... it become more interesting and interesting... the task given also very challenging....
ow... one more thing that is where we are acting in a court... hehehe.. i enjoyed thet activities very much.. that time i won.. hahaha because a have a great lawyer.. heheheh
So the conclusion here is... Thank you very much for all the effort that given to us....In malay"terima kasih bertubi-tubi di ucapkan..."
I will never be a stranger.. Ill promise you...
ow about my layout pic.. hehehe.. thank you... i only use microsoft word... hehehe but they dont trust me... what can i do.. hehehe
Aku
What I'm going to sayis a cliche'. Seeing you as you are now , and continue to be so---thats all the hanks i need.
yankumi
Hey --all that ? Its my pleasure. Promise me one thing though ---don't run away again in future ....
(have you caught up with your sleep ? hehe)
helas
your lay out pic ? oh you mean he shirt on you---heheheh-only joking.
Yup -i remember hat case--almost start a riot in class didn't we? Thanks for the promise helas.
What I'm going to sayis a cliche'. Seeing you as you are now , and continue to be so---thats all the hanks i need.
yankumi
Hey --all that ? Its my pleasure. Promise me one thing though ---don't run away again in future ....
(have you caught up with your sleep ? hehe)
helas
your lay out pic ? oh you mean he shirt on you---heheheh-only joking.
Yup -i remember hat case--almost start a riot in class didn't we? Thanks for the promise helas.
i'd remember that pic....but kantoi...going to Mj.. (hey, i sincerely told you this) coz we met while i'm waiting for bus to pick up..hehe..thousand of apologies(ranjit voice in....ahh i forgot that video you've shown us...erm... ahh yes "mind yuor language") lol....well...ur teaching really have a great impact on my english language although i've met numbers of english teachers..hehe.but your approach is differ from them (i mean they're MORE schema)..more relax.. and we're really have thousand of good time together..especially the gossip you've told us(its reality that 'kedutaan cosmo' like that..we've know it well..most probably..hehe)..
Hey hase' - its not often hat you 'kantoi'---but that day i 'gotcha' big time ya !
mmmm...we do love those gossips don't wet ?
But gossips in Englsh? - thats definitely forgiveable.
pssssttt -- by the way, did you hear about the latest about...........................
mmmm...we do love those gossips don't wet ?
But gossips in Englsh? - thats definitely forgiveable.
pssssttt -- by the way, did you hear about the latest about...........................
sir, thz 4 everything.. after u i met u, my my spirit and confident to talk in english increase, but i know, i'm not good enough yet.. i will try and try.. i'v lot to talk, but not have idea to translate in english.. hihi.. thz 4 everything sir.. you'r my best lec that i hv met.. may god bless u..
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


