Friday, June 20, 2008

 

LIVE AND LET LIVE !!


This is in response to the many disputes , misunderstandings and arguements that were brought up to me. I can only lend a sympathetic ear but I can never play the role of mediator.


This posting has NO REFERENCE TO ANY PARTY or incident which may have happened or happening. My writing can be applied to any other situation.

The title of this posting comes from an English idiom. An idiom is an expression that has a meaning apart from the meanings of its individual words. I search the web, with no particular site to go but found a few with the following quotation based on the idiom ‘Live and Let Live.” Allow me to quote from it:

• I do not judge anyone on how they live their lives, and in return expect the same courtesy.

• I will live the way I want to and I will let other people live the way that they want to.

• People who judge don't matter and people who matter don’t judge.

I can understand when all of you come from different background, states, experience, expectation, hopes, dreams, commitment, tastes and level of tolerance. This is made more complicated when all of you are put under one roof.

Can you imagine the concoction ( rojak) of personalities when about 16 of you are put under one roof for the last 8 months or so?? Something is bound to crack and give way! -- AND IT DID!

Even a newly married couple would perhaps take years to understand to live with each other. Can you imagine your situation here? It’s 16 times worse within a short period of time! I am sure there are problems in almost every hostel units as well. There will always be problems when compatibility is the issue.

So how DO we live in that situation? To me – just live and let live!

Anyway, in the circumstances, I do not wish to elaborate any further but just hope that common sense prevails whenever there are misunderstandings. Avoid but respect what you cannot accept . After all you will only be together for the next 6 months or so only.

Life is too good to be wasted on unnecessary problems.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]