Monday, June 16, 2008

 

The game that never was ……..for me at least.

The plan was good. The intention was good. The activity was good. The location was good. So what went wrong – for / to me anyway?

I was approached by a group of students inviting me to witness their futsal tournament. Hmmm, I thought that was good. Kudos to the organizers for the initiative and drive. Inspite of their course-work schedule, they still manage to sacrifice some of their time for the sake of their fellow course-mates.

Anyway, I was told the tournament would start at 10.00am and finished by 1.00pm.on the Saturday. Inspite of having some other personal programme for that morning , I thought I should not miss this chance, telling myself that I could watch the game for an hour or so and then excuse myself to meet my appointment.

Come Saturday morning, I arrived early (as usually – even for my classes as my students would vouch for) I did not see anyone other than other people who were at their own game. So I sat at a ‘mamak’ stall and had my usual ‘Milo kosong’, and another.

Only after my second glass did I see familiar faces streaming into the compound. It was close to 10.30 am. I told myself that now I do not have much time to watch the game now if I were to keep my appointment.

To be fair, it’s probably not the students’ fault. They were relying on their transport to ferry them to the centre. But still, I’m sure the students had fun.

So after all this --- what’s my point? Just one word. PUNCTUALITY !.

So when can we get rid of the two-time system. Malaysian time and International time. Just stick to one. But then again---having said that---we may well get rid of the International Time and just follow the Malaysian time system

S..I..G..H..H..H..hhhhhh..

Comments:
go go...all malaysian and all ccss student...hear this...always be punctual....(if have excuse its ok...hehe)
 
did u receive my comment sir? i didnt see anything here.....
 
i have think like tht 2...but at tht time tht lecturer is no longer my lecturer...my unluck....so next month i will sit for second time paper.(for increas my cgpa)..wish me luck sir
 
You have it alya !
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]