Saturday, May 24, 2008

 

a lass from Sabah….

Friday afternoon... the 6th floor is deserted. Strange! Silence! No usual noise from the class rooms….not even the sound of the occasional music that sometimes filled the air during the long lunch break

The weekend certainly starts early this time. Since I have some time to kill---just dropped in room 607 to have a chat with the occupants of the room.

First stop … a male student, from Sabah . Can’t really remember what we talked about but it ended with him looking at the photographs in the “Angels and gremlin…” posting. He realized that he wasn’t in the photographs and we somehow talked about blogging --- AND convinced him to start his own blogsite. Welcome aboard helas ! Find him at akuhelas.blogspot.com.

Next stop, ---a lass from Sabah. We talked about her interview with the Manager of a Home for Street Children and I was pleasantly surprised with the information she derived from that interview. I was partly surprised because she had always given the impression of a quiet and reserved student in the class – and here she is bubbling with stories and information for her project paper. Hmmmm…. The mind boggles.

Soon we started talking about this blog---and a second surprise! She has been following my blog—and her comments? “There has not been any new posting for so long! Write something Sir! “

Wow! So I gave a ‘blah-blah-blah’ explanation of why there hasn’t been any new posting and , out of cheekiness, I asked her to give me tips and ideas on what to write about and what she would like to read.

To this lass --- your points taken! Thanks for the ideas and I’ll try to follow them….















Comments:
i think this is the starting point of the communication.. hehehe.. now we will waiting another friends to create their own blog..
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]